“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”
― Siddhārtha Gautama
Self-love is accepting the positivity and negativity dwelling within and having the confidence to replace darkness with light.
“But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.” (1 Peter 2:9)
“Be content with what you have;
rejoice in the way things are.
When you realize there is nothing lacking,
the whole world belongs to you.”
― Lao Tzu
An empty wallet rests in my pocket.
No money to pay bills, but when the moon rises, soundly I lay my head to rest.
Don’t need couture makeup, clothes, purses and shoes.
Confidence and a luminous tan are my signature accessories.
I have the one thing money can’t buy it’s called happiness.
Filled with peace, my mind is impenetrable to stress.
Simplicity brings contentment.
For I already have all I want.
©2012 Jade Jarvis
“11 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. 12 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.” (Philippians 4:11-12)
Time and Tide wait for no man, but time always stands still for a woman of thirty. ― Robert Frost
No longer green behind the ears.
Ripe with wisdom gained throughout the years.
Willfully living through purpose.
I am joyfully living my best life.
©2012 Jade Jarvis
“Upon you I have leaned from before my birth; you are he who took me from my mother’s womb. My praise is continually of you.” (Psalm 71:6)
Super Sweet Blogging Award
I am the proud recipient of the Super Sweet Blogging Award. This is my first blog award, and will forever hold a special place in my heart.
Rules to accept this award:
- Thank the super sweet blogger who made the nomination.
Thank you Gracie’s Quest for nominating my first blog award. Words cannot express the joy you have given me.
If you enjoy reading scripture inspired writing, following her blog is a must!
- Nominate a baker’s dozen of other bloggers
My nominations are:
- Catholibertarian– Showing How Both Catholic and Libertarian Beliefs are Compatible
- Catholic1– Just one in a billion.
- Christopher Clody– Christian Encouragement
- The Catholic Nomad– One Catholic Nomad Girl on a quest to reclaim the extraordinarily sacred in America, and in life. Let the adventure begin!
- Heaven 4 Earth-Without leaving the room, you can know heaven and earth.
- heavenhappens– “Words are sacred. They deserve respect. If you get the right ones in the right order, you can nudge the world a little” -Tom Stoppard
- A Soul’s Walk– Soulful poetry.
- Boomie Bol– Writings based on my realities, dreams, and wild fantasies.
- iamzion– Wisdom, Life, Spirit, Hope, Laughter, Joy, Sorrow, Family & Friends
- shafiqah1– Moving poetry and great rebloggs.
- The Nice Thing About Strangers– Non-Fiction Short Stories. Updated Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Travel, oldsters, love, moments worthy of pause.
- Humorous Dispassionate– Proverbs, Jokes, Humor, Sayings, Quotes
- Answer these five questions below:
- Cookie or cake? Chocolate chip cookies
- Chocolate or Vanilla Ice cream? Swirl- the best of both worlds.
- What is your favorite sweet treat? Anything sweet. I do not discriminate. Get in my belly!
- When do you crave sweet things the most? Midnight hour.
- If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be? Dulce de Leche
Thank you again Gracie’s Quest, for the satisfying fat-free sweet treat.
“Your greatness is revealed not by the lights that shine upon you, but by the light that shines within you.”
― Ray Davis
Making yourself great is a futile task of the ego. It is done in faith, alongside assistance, hope, fortitude, perseverance, and gratitude.
“I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:13)
“That is the mystery of grace: it never comes too late.”
― François Mauriac
If you conscientiously evaluate your life, you will see the evolution between past, present and what is to arrive in the future. If you mediate upon these things you will see the torrents of graces that have been bestowed upon you and how they lead to purpose.
“Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” (2 Corinthians 12:8-9)
The Blood of Jesus washes away our past and the Name of Jesus opens up our future.
― Jesse Duplantis
Everyone from the best to the worst has something noble within them. This is God’s way of making every soul eligible for salvation and mercy.
“9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.” (Romans 10:9-10)
“If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.”
― Mother Teresa
If you desire love, give love.
If you desire peace, be charitable.
If you desire God’s grace, His blessings you must share.
©2012 Jade Jarvis
“give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.” (Luke 6:37-38)
“The purpose of our lives is to be happy.”
― Dalai Lama
Kind words are blessings. It reminds you of why you should and need to be alive.
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” (Jeremiah 29:11)
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” ― Plato
Tragedy is not a reason to wallow in pity. It is inspiration to create a new strategy.
“No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.” (1 Corinthians 10:13)